Online Booking Rules and Requirements
The AAC Falls Creek Booking Officer is:
0409 417 253 Mon-Fri 6pm-8:30pm
This system provides a convenient alternative to submitting booking forms. Room allocation and confirmation of bookings remains at the discretion of the booking officer. Please Note:
The same booking conditions apply to bookings made through this system and through the booking forms.
In particular, bookings for weekends (except opening weekend and race weekend) and other periods other than Sun-Sat and Sun-Thur cannot be confirmed till 19 days prior for members and shorter times for guests and members of other lodges.
Please be aware that your booking request is not confirmed until payment is verified and you receive a confirmation email from the Booking Officer.
Opening Dates for Bookings
- AAC Falls Creek members: 1 February
- Members of other AAC lodges: 1 March
- Spouse and children of AAC Falls Creek Member, accompanied by that member: 8 March
- Guests: 15 March
July Vic School Holiday Bookings
Special arrangements are in place for bookings for the Victorian July School Holidays. Please read this section carefully if booking for this very popular time.
There will be a special lodgement period for these bookings, from 1 February to 15 March. During this lodgement period, the booking grid will show bed preferences only, NOT confirmed bookings. At the end of this period the booking officer will allocate and confirm bookings by email based on the priority criteria.
Bookings lodged during this period only represent ‘requested preferences’. You can still lodge your booking for those same beds (i.e. beds shown as taken in the booking grid). The system allows this only for July school holiday bookings lodged between 1 February and 15 March. After that time, and for all other bookings at all other times, the grid shows confirmed bookings
It is important that you indicate secondary bed preferences or special booking requirements/limitations to the booking officer in the comments field so that the booking officer can consider these during the allocation process. It is quite possible that a person with a higher priority could be allocated a bed that you have requested.
Bookings for July school holidays that are lodged between February 1st and March 15th will be allocated by the Booking Officer based on the following criteria:
- The date the request was lodged in the system, or received by the booking officer (any bookings received prior to the relevant opening date will be deemed to have been received on the relevant opening date).
- AAC Falls Creek Members (including Juniors) [from 1 February]
- Members of other AAC lodges [from 1 March]
- Spouse and children of AAC Falls Creek Member, accompanied by that member [from 8 March]
- Guests [from 15 March]
Wherever possible (in keeping with the priority system and accommodating as many people as possible) bookings will be allocated their preferred beds/rooms.
Note: Booking priority will be based on the lowest priority in the booking e.g. A booking with a member and family will have higher priority than a booking with member and guest. If you have mixed booking categories in your party, and you want to ensure that the highest priorities are accommodated you need to make separate bookings for each category.
From March 15th to March 18th bookings for the school holiday period will be frozen while the booking office completes the bed allocation process.
You will be emailed your room and bed allocations after March 15th. Booking acceptance will require immediate payment to confirm the booking.
If you have any queries regarding this process, please contact the Booking Officer.
Bookings and Payment
- Online booking into AAC Falls Creek is available to AAC Falls Creek and AAC members for themselves, accompanying family and guests. Bookings can only be made by members and all communication and confirmation is via email, so your email address must be kept current in the system.
- Payments must not be made until an invoice is issued.
- Once the booking has been approved, an invoice will be emailed to the member for immediate payment. Failed payments, or those not made within 24 hours will cancel the booking.
- Credit/Debit card payments can be made through the secure payment gateway integrated into the booking system. Alternatively credit/debit card payments can be made by phoning or emailing the booking officer.
- Visa and Mastercard are the only credit/debitcards accepted
If, at the time you want to book, the beds are not available, you will be asked if you want to ‘waitlist’. If you choose to waitlist then if there is a cancellation you will be advised and offered the booking.
Waitlisting may also used for weekend and other non-standard bookings (ie anything other than standard 7 and 5 night bookings beginning on Sundays, or opening weekend or race weekend).
Race Week Bookings
A non-refundable surcharge is applicable to ‘Race Weekend’ bookings to pay for the race and Saturday dinner, is applicable to all members and guests staying at the lodge on Race Day. If you haven’t selected the surcharge for each person in your booking (at step 2 of the booking process), your booking will have the status ‘Waitlisted’, pending review and authorization if applicable, by the booking officer.
Members can cancel their bookings online, or by contacting the Booking Officer. The booking system will apply the applicable credit to the Members account.
- Children under 3 (at the time of their stay) stay free.
- Children under 17 years (at the time of their stay) stay are charged 50% or the relevant adult rate.
- Members are responsible for the behaviour of their guests, including children
- A responsible adult must accompany members and guests under 18.
Winter Season Booking Rules
- ‘Full Week’, and ‘5 day Mid Week’ stays (both beginning on Sundays) can be booked at anytime after bookings open on February 1st.
- Bookings for a single night can’t be made until 24 hours before the date of stay
- For a Weekend or any stay other than those above
Requests for these (and single night) bookings can be entered earlier but will be waitlisted and reviewed at the appropriate time.
- Members can book 19 days prior to the first night of stay
- Other AAC members and Member Family can book 16 days prior to the first night of stay
- Guests can book 15 days prior to the first night of stay
- Any midweek bookings running into the weekend must include both Friday and Saturday nights.
- Members are not to book ‘one person’ into a double room unless authorised in advance by the booking officer (eg Room 2).
- Members wanting exclusive use of family/bunk rooms must book the maximum capacity of the room, or maximum less 1 unless otherwise authorised in advance by the booking officer
- All single person and Under 17 bookings require the gender and age of the person to be entered into the system.
- A member/guest of the same gender and age group can book an unoccupied bed ‘on-line’. This applies to twin rooms, bunk rooms and standard rooms with only one occupant, Outside of these guidelines (mixed gender or age group), the booking request must go through the booking officer.